Many people ask us why sterilising is good for the animals. Besides the fact that it helps reduce unwanted animals, it also is known to:
- Evidence for increased lifespan
- Eliminates the ability to breed in both males & females which lowers the numbers of homeless & stray dogs & cats
- Highly reduces the risk of pyometra (infection of the uterus)
- Eliminates testicular cancer in males
- Eliminates the risk of uterine and ovarian cancers in females
- Greatly reduces the risk of mammary cancer in females
- Lowers the risk of roaming
- Reduces the risk of FIV (feline AIDS) & Feline Leukaemia in cats
- Lowers risk of injury associated with reproduction for cats & dogs.
- Reduces the risk of non-cancerous prostate disorders.
- Reduces the risk of perianal fistulas (anal abscess)